A number of high level mentors have already been identified for the program. Upon Program Signup, the list of mentors will be shared with the registered participants and each participant will be allowed to undergo a Mentor matching process.
During the 9 month program, forged partnerships between the mentors and mentees must adhere to laid down guiding principles to achieve the expected success with the focal point being understanding the development needs and strengths of the mentees. This is done with the aim of understanding and exploring ways mentors can help the mentees achieve their development goals. The other benefit is access to materials for learning, resources and laboratory facilities. It is within this structure also that feedback skills of the fellows are sharpened to enable them have the confidence to put difficult issues that need to be tackled on the table for discussion. Mentors, as well are required to be an inspiration, to give positive feedback where required, share success stories, etc. They are also required to be open to questions from their associated fellows.The Program will be divided into Core & Technical Sessions with Mentorship taking place throughout the entire cycle of the program.
Mentorship Programs Resources:
Mentorship Topics Outline
The will be attended by ALL participants and will cover the following:
• Transformational Leadership
• Economic & Social Transformation
• Stewardship of Resources
• Governance & Ethics
• Your personal Brand and Communication
• Equipping you to Lead
• Your Legacy
• Practical Networking & Deal Making (Women Sensitive approach)
The Mentorship is designed to deliver the following benefits to the participants of the program;
• Access to a support system during critical stages of the leadership development
• A relevant insider’s perspective on navigating the leadership journey
• Technical & Strategic insights into the participants Expectations
• Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences
• Identification of skills gaps
• Practical exposures and simulations
COMMON QUALITIES FOR MENTORS AND MENTEES
Trust is an important foundation for a mentor-ship relationship. The pair undertaking the mentor-ship relationship can share their successes, mistakes and failures. The relationship is only as good as the trust shared by the mentor and the mentee. Other values such as discretion and following through on commitments is dependent on the trust built between them.
• Visible Listening Self Awareness is a great asset to an individual, and mentorship can be the only tool that can practically make one self-aware.
• Practical Implementation
The mentorship pair has to keep a balance between dreams and living in the current reality. Focus on practical examples of goal achievement or non-achievement. They are given the opportunity to differentiate tangible outcomes from the meetings